Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Very Kind Of Them #47

If the Spirit, Who is Life, exacted an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth, this world would indeed be peopled with the blind and the toothless.

Henry Powell Spring (1944)

Another terrible day...(Link)

One of the correspondents of Voice of America called me up yesterday and asked me about the deaths of Yukawa Haruna and Goto Kenji. VoA was then kind enough to include bits of the conversation in a report (Link). To deaths of Yukawa and Goto, we must add three more.

As for the expression of an admixture of emotions from the PM (Link-J and Link-E) I confess my own reaction is one of exhaustion.

George, it is hard to be still waiting for that day of yours. (Link)

As for the affiliation mentioned in the report, it is, in the words of the Nixon White House, no longer operative. I am an adjunct fellow of the Institute of Contemporary Asian Studies at Temple University Japan and an advisor at Langley Esquire.

No comments: